The Workforce Development Department is an integral part of The Next Door’s mission to equip women with lives of wholeness and hope while helping to strengthen our community by reducing recidivism and creating productive citizens.
For more information on becoming a business partner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our primary goal to create placements that are successful for both our business partners and job seekers. The WFD Department works directly with our business partners to ensure that every applicant meets their specific employment criteria.
We meet the employment needs of area business partners by:
- Reducing employer’s time and financial investment involved with advertising, screening, and hiring reliable employees.
- Pre-screening applicants to ensure they meet employment criteria.
- Assisting with the application process for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) for eligible employees.
- Monitoring job placements to ensure success.
- Free advertisement on TND’s website and to TND’s vast network of donors, volunteers, and board members. AND…best of all, there is never a cost to use our services.
How We Help
The WFD Department understands the needs of our business partners to hire and retain reliable, skilled employees. WFD meets these employment needs by equipping each job seeker with the soft skills necessary to increase her employability and job retention through:
- Weekly class curriculum teaching skills related to Job Retention, The Importance of Work, Resume Writing, Interview Skills, Communication Barriers, Goal Setting, Dealing with Change, Employer Roundtables, Budgeting and Computer Skills training.
- Employment screening to assess each resident’s applicable skills and job history.
- Employment accountability and follow-up to ensure employer satisfaction and employee performance.
- Random, monthly drug screening.
DID YOU KNOW!?!
You could receive up to $2,400 by participating in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program for employers who hire eligible individuals.
For more information, visit http://www.irs.gov.